Database Build & Migration ServicesOur development team builds database applications from scratch and we re-build, support and extend existing database systems. High security, performance and scalability are typical requirements of the projects we’ve done.
Database Build and Migration involve importing legacy data to a new database system. The legacy data can be in excel spreadsheets, old file based systems, or old database. Those systems can be any combination of MS Access databases, Excel spreadsheets and off-the-shelf or custom-built tools. Many database development projects involve the re-development of a client’s existing systems. The key business benefits of database build & migration services are as follows:
- Protect business data
- Minimise data duplication
- Meaningful reporting capabilities
- Access online, on-time, anywhere
- Enhanced security and controls - who can access what!
- Increased data security - prevent copy and save data via thumb-drives!
- Minimise risk of making decisions based on incorrect data.
Our database building services include:
- Database restructure, re-organisation (use data modeling techniques)
- Build front-end applications to access database
- Build advanced reporting capabilities.
- Data conversions from legacy systems and spreadsheets, import into new data models.
- Build security policies
- Implement data governance best practice
- User-friendly forms to enter data
- Business logic to manipulate data on the fly
- Various on-line reports
- Data export facilities
- Integration with third-party systems
- Managed access to information based on user roles
- Full history of data changes (audit trail)
- Built-in data integrity mechanisms.
Our Product Re-engineering services includes:
- Legacy to Open Platforms Migration
- Operating System Migration
- Migration of application running on older Application Server to new Application server
- 1 tier to N tier
- Legacy applications (Visual Basic, Power Builder, C++/VC++) to multi tier applications based on J2EE or .Net.
- Architectural re-structuring
- Flat files to Relational Databases Management system (RDBMS)
- File based to RDBMS
- From one RDBMS to another RDBMS
- RDBMS to OODBMS
User Interface Migration:
- Thick Client/Desktop based UI
- Rich Internet based UI
Code Refactoring / Restructuring:
Code refactoring is the process of changing a software system in such a way that it does not alter the external behavior of the code yet improves its internal structure and architecture.