Database Build & Migration Services
Database Build and Migration involve importing legacy data to a new database system. The legacy data can be in excel spreadsheets, old file based systems, or old database. The key business benefits of database build & migration services are as follows:
- Protect business data
- Minimise data duplication
- Meaningful reporting capabilities
- Access online, on-time, anywhere
- Enhanced security and controls - who can access what!
- Increased data security - prevent copy and save data via thumb-drives!
- Minimise risk of making decisions based on incorrect data.
Our database building services include:
- Database restructure, re-organisation (use data modeling techniques)
- Build front-end applications to access database
- Build advanced reporting capabilities.
- Data conversions from legacy systems and spreadsheets, import into new data models.
- Build security policies
- Implement data governance best practice.
Our Product Re-engineering services includes:
- Legacy to Open Platforms Migration
- Operating System Migration
- Migration of application running on older Application Server to new Application server
- 1 tier to N tier
- Legacy applications (Visual Basic, Power Builder, C++/VC++) to multi tier applications based on J2EE or .Net.
- Architectural re-structuring
- Flat files to Relational Databases Management system (RDBMS)
- File based to RDBMS
- From one RDBMS to another RDBMS
- RDBMS to OODBMS
User Interface Migration:
- Thick Client/Desktop based UI
- Rich Internet based UI
Code Refactoring / Restructuring:
Code refactoring is the process of changing a software system in such a way that it does not alter the external behavior of the code yet improves its internal structure and architecture.